A record is a person or a company in your network. Records are either synced from your email or manually created by you and your team.
Adding new records
You can add new records to your workspace from the search window (cmd + k), or from within a collection. Start by searching for the record - if no options appear, choose + Add company or + Add person. You can add a record with cmd + k when adding a new entries to your collection using + Add collection entry. New records can also be added using our email forwarding feature.
On each profile you'll find an activity timeline which tracks the following insights:
- When your team first corresponded with the record
- When the record was added to a collection plus any updates made since
- Any notes created by you and your team
The Activity tab on your record's profile page contains:
- Emails - Attio automatically captures your team's interactions with your records. Learn more about sharing emails.
- Files - you can sync your third-party cloud storage provider (like Dropbox or Drive) or directly upload files from your device
- Tasks - create, assign, and track tasks associated with each record
- Notes - capture ideas, share notes, and collaborate with your team
To the right of your record's profile you'll find Record details; a breakdown of useful data points including:
- Auto-enriched data - Attio automatically enriches all profiles with carefully sourced data such as company info and contact details. Learn more about enriched data.
- Intelligent communication data - Attio shows useful insights about your relationships such as 'last contacted' dates and 'connection strength'
In the bottom right corner of your records you'll find a window telling you which collections contain an entry for your record, along with some handy, editable attribute info. You can add comments for your team from here too.
Attio's merge feature helps you clean up any duplicate records, merging them into one master record. You'll be prompted to merge any duplicates when Attio detects them using the company domain and email address.
What happens when I merge two records?
When merging records you combine all data, collection entries, notes, and tasks from two source records into a master record. The master record is the one that remains after the merge, while the source record is permanently deleted. You can decide which record is the source and which is the master by toggling between them.
How do I merge records?
You can manually merge any record with another directly from their profile page.
- Click the ⋮ icon in the top right corner of the record page
- Select Merge records
- Click Select a record to find the duplicate record
- Select Merge records in the bottom right to combine the data