Dashboard view allows you to visualize your collections data and create customizable reports in a chart style.
Create a dashboard view
Start building your reports by creating a new dashboard view.
- Go to the view dropdown
- Select Create view…
- Choose Dashboard
- Click Add your first chart
- Once you've created a dashboard view it will always be accessible from this dropdown
Tailor your reports to fit your requirements. Configure axes and labels, aggregate your values, control how your chart looks, and quickly visualize your collections data.
Choose from three different chart types for your report. Bar charts are great for comparing relative values at a glance. Line charts might hep you see curves or spot patterns in your data. Single metric charts are useful when you want to quickly see a breakdown of a specific metric (like a sum, average, or a min/max value).
- Change your chart type in the right-hand window at any time. Keep in mind that switching to Single metric will reset any changes you've made to your X and Y-axes
Define your X-axis
Define your X-axis values for bar or line charts by picking attributes from your collection data.
- From the top dropdown under X-axis, pick the value for your X-axis from the list of collection attributes. Read more about the different types of attributes you can create
- Toggle Show axis label to display the attribute name on your chart
- Toggling Show empty cells will show every possible option available for your X-axis attribute, even if they have no entries associated with them. For example, you might not have any deals in your ‘Lost’ stage, but would still like to see it alongside the other stages on your X-axis.
- Toggling Show empty values will show the entries in your collection that do not currently have a value set for this attribute. An example might be that only 15 of your 20 records have been updated to include their sales stage, but you still want to include the other 5 records in your report
Define your Y-axis
Choose the value you want to display on your Y-axis by picking a numeric attribute from your collection data.
- From the top dropdown under Y-axis, pick a numerical value for your Y-axis from the list of attributes
- From the next dropdown below, you can opt to aggregate your data either as an average, sum, a minimum or maximum value, or show how many values are recorded (count)
- Toggle Show axis label to display the attribute name on your chart. If you've opted to aggregate your value, this will be reflected in the label name
- Toggle Group values to add a third value to your chart displayed as a color code. Pick an attribute from the dropdown and you’ll see a key appear across the top of your chart
- Toggle Stack to pick a vertically stacked display type for bar charts
Organize, edit or delete your reports
- Click the X in the top left of your report to close it for now - all changes will be saved
- Edit or delete your report using the vertical dots icon in the top right of each report
- Reorder your reports with the horizontal dots icon in the top left of each report
- Return to your table or kanban views from the view dropdown beneath your collection name
- Create as many dashboard views as you like from the view dropdown. Rename or Pin them using the vertical dots icon on the right - pinned views will appear in your main Attio toolbar until you unpin them
Browse your reports
- When your report is fullscreen (and once you’ve created a few reports) you can cycle through them with the up and down arrows beside the X in the top left of your dashboard view
- In dashboard view, click on the vertical dots in the top right of your report and choose Edit report to expand your report
- Hide the sidebar and go fullscreen with the keyboard shortcut cmd/ctrl + \ or by clicking on the |< icon beside your workspace name in the top left
Note: Dashboard view is not currently supported in the Attio mobile app.