Business software is changing fast. Notion is changing how we organize, Slack is replacing internal email, and Miro is transforming how we whiteboard. We believe business relationships are next.
As more and more of our interactions move to the digital world, classical business software has failed to leverage them. It has remained essentially unchanged for the last decade. Most data entry is manual, intelligent data analysis is non-existent, and they're a challenge for users to set up.
We believe the future is simple: consumer-grade design combined with enterprise-grade power. Your relationship software should automatically know your contacts and analyze your communications. Your data should be easily viewed, sorted, and filtered depending on your task. Integrations and automations should be customizable and quick. And it should all be possible whilst seamlessly collaborating with your team. It's our mission to make this a reality.
We're an experienced team of entrepreneurs, engineers and operators. We're still a small team and everyone who joins has a big impact on the company. We value authenticity, intellectual curiosity, and team work. We have a flat hierarchy and believe in empowering people to do their best work.
Our investors include Point Nine, Balderton, and Passion Capital, alongside top Angels from venture capital and tech.
Engineering at Attio
As an engineering organization we are completely transparent with all code existing in a monorepo that is accessible to the entire team. All of our code goes through peer reviews and we welcome contributions from all of our team to any areas of our codebase. We never silo developers into roles and instead allow people to find areas of focus and interest regardless of where it lies in our stack.
In this role you'll...
As a Web-focused Engineer you will focus on designing, implementing and improving our product.
In particular you would focus on:
- Designing the architecture of new product features and implementing them
- Collaborating with other members of the team to ensure that existing and new features are usable and performant
- Advocating for techniques and technologies that can improve our technology stack
- Acting as a mentor to other members of the team about best practices and techniques when developing software
- Contributing across the stack, including to our front and back-end codebases, to help move the company and product forward!
You'll be a great fit if...
We're looking for someone that is capable of working within a small team, and values having ownership over their work.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience working on the front-end of a large SaaS product
- Have excellent knowledge of modern browser behaviour and performance
- Have a working knowledge of Linux and how to work securely within a Linux Command Line Environment
- Have experience working with UX/UI designers and a formal design system
- Have excellent written communication skills including the ability to write long form documentation of their work
- Be comfortable raising possible design issues and taking part in design and product discussions
- Enjoy solving problems and want to take ownership of finding better solutions
- Thrive in a culture of continuous learning and feedback
- Be self motivated and naturally curious
- Have a natural appreciation of what a good product should look and feel like
- (Bonus Points) Have experience working with Redux
- (Bonus Points) Have experience with Typescript or other typed languages
What you can expect...
- Competitive salary
- An equity option plan so you'll benefit from the team's successes
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
- Remote working and flexibility
- Apple hardware and a budget for desk amenities
- 25 days plus local holidays
- Regular team events in London
- Two off-sites a year
We're dedicated to building a company that champions the diverse world we live in. That means hiring a team rich in diverse backgrounds, perspectives and ideas.
As such, we're committed to equal opportunity and treatment in all aspects of recruitment, selection and employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We're aware that women are far less likely than their male counterparts to apply for a role where they don't meet all the job description's requirements. If you don't quite meet all the requirements, but you feel you're a good fit for the role we encourage you to apply!