Business software is changing fast. Notion is changing how we organize, Slack is replacing internal email, and Miro is transforming how we whiteboard. We believe business relationships are next.
As more and more of our interactions move to the digital world, classical business software has failed to leverage them. It has remained essentially unchanged for the last decade. Most data entry is manual, intelligent data analysis is non-existent, and they're a challenge for users to set up.
We believe the future is simple: consumer-grade design combined with enterprise-grade power. Your relationship software should automatically know your contacts and analyze your communications. Your data should be easily viewed, sorted, and filtered depending on your task. Integrations and automations should be customizable and quick. And it should all be possible whilst seamlessly collaborating with your team. It's our mission to make this a reality.
We're an experienced team of entrepreneurs, engineers and operators. We are still a small team and everyone who joins has a big impact on the company. We value authenticity, intellectual curiosity, and team work. We have a flat hierarchy and believe in empowering people to do their best work.
We're well funded. Our investors include Passion Capital, Monzo's seed investors, alongside top Angels from the venture capital and technology space.
About the role
As Head of Operations you'll work closely with the CEO across all business functions. While your primary area of focus will be company finances, this is a 360-degree role that also covers legal, customer success, compliance, and hiring.
In this role you'll...
- Own our financial planning activities and create budgets, cashflow forecasts, and monthly reports.
- Run the day-to-day accounting activities, such as payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and UK VAT and EU tax returns.
- Work closely with our external accountants to ensure that the company’s financial reports are accurate and complete
You'll be a great fit if...
- You have at least 3 years experience in finance, accounting, auditing or consulting.
- You know Excel inside and out and have experience creating budgets, revenue, and cashflow forecasts
- You're comfortable reading commercial documents like lease agreements and sales contracts. While you don't need a legal background you need to be comfortable with legal jargon.
- You have analytical and quantitative skills: ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts.
- You love leveraging tools to make systems work more efficiently and you're comfortable designing and implementing processes.
- Great written communication skills.
- (Bonus points) You understand SaaS accounting.
- (Bonus points) You have a professional accounting or finance qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)