Business software is changing fast. Notion is changing how we organize, Slack is replacing internal email, and Miro is transforming how we whiteboard. We believe business relationships are next.
As more and more of our interactions move to the digital world, classical business software has failed to leverage them. It has remained essentially unchanged for the last decade. Most data entry is manual, intelligent data analysis is non-existent, and they're a challenge for users to set up.
We believe the future is simple: consumer-grade design combined with enterprise-grade power. Your relationship software should automatically know your contacts and analyze your communications. Your data should be easily viewed, sorted, and filtered depending on your task. Integrations and automations should be customizable and quick. And it should all be possible whilst seamlessly collaborating with your team. It's our mission to make this a reality.
We're an experienced team of entrepreneurs, engineers and operators. We are still a small team and everyone who joins has a big impact on the company. We value authenticity, intellectual curiosity, and team work. We have a flat hierarchy and believe in empowering people to do their best work.
We're well funded. Our investors include Passion Capital, Monzo's seed investors, alongside top Angels from the venture capital and technology space.
Engineering at Attio
As an engineering organization we are completely transparent with all of our code existing in a monorepo that is accessible to the entire team. All of our code goes through peer reviews and we welcome contributions from all of our team to any areas of our codebase. We never silo developers into roles and instead allow people to find areas of focus and interest regardless of where it lies in our stack.
In this role you'll...
As a Backend-focused Engineer you will focus on designing, implementing and improving our backend and infrastructure.
In particular you would focus on:
- Designing the architecture of new features to support our scale
- Designing REST API contracts for both internal and public consumers that are easy to work with and performant to implement
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure that new and existing features are performant and secure
- Be an advocate for innovative techniques and technologies that can improve our backend technology stack
- Work with our CentOS based production environment to investigate issues and improve our DevOps in a secure manner
- Acting as a mentor to other members of the team about best practices and techniques when developing backend software
- Contribute across the stack, including to our Web and Backend codebases, to help move the company and product forward!
You'll be a great fit if...
We're looking for someone that is capable of working within a small team, and values having ownership over their work.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience working on large API driven products
- A diverse range of experience with different data storage and caching technologies with considered opinions on their relative advantages and deployment considerations
- Excellent knowledge of modern cloud architectures including proprietary technologies offered by AWS and/or GCP.
- Experience with designing features to operate in a horizontally scalable manner using common distributed systems concepts such as Queues and Event Streaming tools.
- Experience designing secure backend systems including common design criteria for systems such as authentication or data encryption.
- A working knowledge of Linux and how to work securely within a Linux Command Line Environment.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write long form documentation of your work
- Enjoy solving problems and want to take ownership of finding better solutions.
- Thrive in a culture of continuous learning and feedback.
- Be self motivated and naturally curious.
- Have a natural appreciation of what a good product should look and feel like
- (Preferred) Experience working on production NodeJS systems
- (Bonus Points) Have experience working a compiled language such as Golang, Rust, C++ or similar