Setting default values
Adding a default attribute is a lot like creating a rule for new entries. Your default value will be assigned to all new entries automatically, saving you from doing it manually.
- Open Manage attributes with the ⋮ icon in the top right of your collection
- Click in the Default Values column beside your attribute
- Toggle on Enable default value
- Use the Set value box to assign your default value to all new collection entries
Some types of fields (user and date) can have conditional values set such as Current user or 2 weeks from now.
A few common use cases of default values are:
- Status default to New in a pipeline
- Owner field default to Current User
- Onboarding date default to Today