Utilize custom and enriched attributes to track data, filter, sort, and visualize your workflows.
Attio comes with a set of enriched attributes that auto-populate based on the data we source about your contacts including:
- Contact details: Description, Location, and Social media links
- Company details: Foundation date, Categories
- Communication intelligence: Last Contacted, Connection Strength, and Strongest Connection
Create custom attributes to add context to each of your collection entries. Track values (data put into an attribute) such as owner, priority, stage and more.
- Status: Track what stage of your workflow each Record is in
- User: Track owners or assignees with a selection of Members in your workspace
- Select and Multi-select: Selection of tags defined by you
- Text: Staple text fields for free form data points
- Date and Time: Track due dates, timestamp records, or schedule follow ups
- Number: Track different types of quantitative values such as percentages
- Currency: Select your currency and track monetary values.
- Checkbox: Record yes or no answers in a visual way
- Record: Link other Company or Contact records as data points
Managing custom attributes
Collection owners can find a dedicated attribute modal for each collection. To open the attribute modal:
- Select the ⋮ in the top right of a collection.
- Select Manage attributes.
From the modal you can:
- Create a new attribute
- Update attribute value options
- Reorder attributes and the way they display on contact pages, in filter menus and more (the top attribute is shown in the search modal)
- Set default values for new entires
- Archive and restore attributes
- Open the manage attributes modal
- Select + in the top right corner of the attribute table
- Select the type of attribute you would like to create
- Name the new attribute
Updating attribute value options
- The data put into an attribute is called a value
- Certain attribute types like single-select and select fields require value options
- From the manage attributes modal you can add as many value options as you want
- Edit the names, colors, and order of the options for each attribute field
- Deleting options is irreversible and will delete the input data as well
Setting default values
Save time on data entry by setting default values for your standard attributes like status, owner, or due date.
- Open the manage attributes
- Select the default value cell to the right of an attribute
- Toggle on enable default value
- Set the default value
Some types of fields (user and date) can have conditional values set such as Current user or 2 weeks from now.
A few common use cases of default values are:
- Status default to New
- Owner field default to Current User
- Onboarding date default to Today
Did we miss something? Send us a message in the chat box to the right ✌️